Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's good to be ordinary


Here I am on the beach in Naples. We had a wonderful time in Florida enjoying nature in her many southern forms, from palm-lined beaches to the sea of grass. Nature appeared to be different from both our upstate NY tree-land and our KY horse farms, but the same spirit ran through her.

I drew the picture during one of those still rare but increasingly evident moments of peace, in which I knew that I was known and loved by a being greater than I. I'm grateful for this fleeting lifetime in the flesh, here on our Mother Earth. I'm grateful to be living awake and aware, to be able to see beyond the obvious, to be able to walk between the worlds.

Oh, give thanks to our Creator, for he is good! For his mercy endureth forever! (Psalm 136)

No comments: